Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Survived Couponing and Liked It

Today marks my first real couponing trip.  I have a couple weeks of groceries and and saved $108.72.  You read that correct. 108 smackers.  Now that I figured out the process, I will definitely continue my cutting and researching venture.


These are the tips that I've found useful so far...

  1. Collect coupons from weekly newspapers (many won't expire for a few months, so you can wait out a sale)
  2. Collect circulars from stores you shop (know when these prices expire)
  3. Search for manufacture's coupons for items already on sale (Southern Savers is an excellent resource)
  4. Know your store's coupon policy. This should be on their website.
  5. When you use coupons, expect ridiculously long receipts (see below)

My shopping experience today was very positive.  Publix staff members were very gracious and welcomed my copious amount of coupons. 

I'll keep you updated as a hone my coupon skills!


No comments: