Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love and Garlic Knots

We had quite the easy day.  I've been working a regular home cleaning schedule in recent weeks and this has left my Saturdays fairly free, with exception of daily chores. The kids played in their pajamas (I will put them in a fresh pair after bath time).

For dinner, I made pasta and a new family favorite, Garlic Knots.  At the table I received applause from  my twin 4 year olds and a "You're an awesome baker!" from my 6 year old.  That is a lot of love for yours truly and will ensure a future of garlic knot baking.

In recent weeks, I have vowed to make a better effort at being mom and wife to these wonderful people that I'm so lucky to call my own.  I've been reading Proverbs 31 frequently and trying to apply these principles in my own home.  One line that has always made me chuckle  is verse 31:28  Her children arise up, and call her blessed;  That sounded completely impossible to me.  But, guess what?  I'm putting in the extra effort and they are noticing.  That is very encouraging.

Garlic Knots

 I use the recipe for whole wheat pizza dough on the bag of Hodgson Mill Whole Wheat Flour.
http://www.hodgsonmill.com/our-recipe-collection/bread-biscuit-rolls-more/whole-wheat-pizza-dough/

I then take the pizza dough after it has rested and press it onto a lightly floured surface. Dough should be 1/2 in depth and shaped into rectangle.  Using a knife, cut strips (1/2 in. in width).

Take each strip and tie into knots, being very careful to avoid tearing dough.  Place knots on a slightly greased baking pan (I use olive oil).  Bake at 425 F for about 12 minutes.















Finally,  brush on the amazing garlic sauce and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese!

Garlic sauce:
1/8 c. olive oil
2 TBSP melted unsalted butter
4 Cloves minced garlic
A pinch each of dried thyme, marjoram, basil

Makes 14 - 16
You're Welcome!






No comments: